In comparison with the processes currently applied in the treatment of textile effluents, the ECUVal system shows significant economic benefits:
- Less cost in water. Savings of 70-100% dyeing water.
- Less cost in salt. Savings up to 100 % salt are achieved with the reuse.
- Less cost in chemicals as they are not required to carry out the electrochemical process.
- The only cost of the ECUVal treatment is the electric power supply.
- No wastes are generated so additional treatment are no required.
- As the high coloured effluents are segregated to the ECUVal system, the tertiary treatment for colour removal can be supressed in the wastewater treatment plant. This results in a significant reduction of reagents and sludge disposal costs.
- Discharge taxes are reduced due to the reduction of wastewater salinity.
- The system does not need maintenance. The electrodes are very stable and can be used over 5-10 years.
On the basis of these results, the ECUVal system can be depreciated in 6 years when is applied in decolouration mode and in 7 years when is used in reuse mode.
Market segmentation of ECUVal with respect to other technologies.